SIMSON ISR 70-05 AP is a Silyl Modified Polymer (SMP) based adhesive with a high tensile strength and is suitable for making elastic constructive joints. SIMSON ISR 70-05 AP can also be used as a sealant. SIMSON ISR 70-05 AP has been tested and certified to the International Maritime Organisation Fire Test Procedures for Surface Flammability, resolution A.687 and is approved for bonding deck materials onto steel or aluminium.
SIMSON ISR 70-05 AP may also be used for the efficient bonding of windscreens in the Auto Aftermarket as well as in OEM, Bus, Coach & Train building
Where to Use
- Automotive Industry
- Transport Industry
- Flooring Systems
- Bostik Simson ISR 70-05AP combines the advantages of desired properties of structural sealants including polyurethanes. Simson ISR 70-05AP is not reliant on the primed system to provide a cross-linking covalent bond (less changes of applicator error).
- Bostik Simson 70-05AP adheres well without black glass primer on glass and no UV resistant primer is needed when the glass adhesive interface is adequately UV-protected by a ceramic coating.
- Solvent, isocyanate and PVC free.
- Very good UV-resistance and ageing properties.
- In general good adhesion on several substrates without the use of a primer.
- Permanent elastic within temperatures from –40°C till +120°C.
- Neutral, odourless and fast curing.
- Paint compatible with most industrial paint- or lacquer systems, both alkyd resin and dispersion based (due to the large scale of different types of industrial paints a paint compatibility test is recommended).
- Paintable after skin forming (wet on wet); this will not influence the curing speed.
- Pick resistant – prison cells, schools & public amenities
- Not Suitable for construction movement joints
- Suitable as sealant/adhesive for small gaps (2mm) eg Light fixtures to concrete
90 MINUTES DRIVE AWAY IN VEHICLES WITH DUAL AIRBAGS*
Meets U.S. Safety standards
FMVSS212 Windscreen Retention Test
FMVSS208 Occupant Crash Protection test
*At 230C and 50% relative humidity